Monday, March 10, 2008

bsdtalk143 - BSD Hobbiest Deborah Norling

Interview with Deborah Norling. We talk about her use of BSD on old hardware, accessibility on the BSDs, and Simh (http://simh.trailing-edge.com).

File info: 23Min, 10MB.

Ogg link:
https://archive.org/download/bsdtalk143/bsdtalk143.ogg

Note: The first set of audio files that I posted were accidentally exported from an intermediate working set that didn't have the audio levels adjusted. I have posted the proper files. My apologies to Deborah, and to the listening audience.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say I really enjoyed todays episode, and was truly enlightened to here how accessible the command line can be over GUI alternatives.

Anonymous said...

wtfm indeed... grin.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic interview. Funny, insightful and captured the obvious that so many developers and manufacturers are completely blind to.

Campbell Barton said...

I really enjoyed listening to this too.
Excellent interview!

laxd said...

I been trying to download for the last few days, but are getting timeouts when connecting to the server.

laxd said...

Finally the download works. Thanks for your work creating the webcast, I enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Wow, What an amazing woman... look at what she's accomplished.

Nice work Deborah!

Anonymous said...

http://jfcl.com/ - Bob Armstrong and Deborah Norling's personal web site.

Eric Radman said...

Phenomenal interview. It's been 5-1/2 years; I'd love to hear a followup conversation!